THE OVER COMERS COOPERATIVE SACCO
The OVERCOMERS cooperative savings and credit society limited was legally registered by the registrar of cooperative society under the Ministry of trade, industry and cooperatives with probation, Reg. NO P.2527/RCS in 2011 and permanently registered with NO. 9879/RCS on 21st March 2012 .The cooperative head office is located in Lubaga division Kassubi Zone 1, along Kimera road in Kampala District, Uganda East Africa and has also a service center (Branch ) located in Kyebando Nansana ,Wakiso district.
The objects of the co-operative are to promote the economic welfare of its members, and more particularly
ECONOMIC OPPORTUNITY INITIATIVE
Overcomers SACCO enhances basic financial services to people through;
Applying business solutions to development challenges
- Providing cost-effective and appropriate financial services to the members
- Helping small-scale producers increase their incomes and build sustainable livelihoods
- Identify ways to support inclusive economic systems in which members can participate and move up the economic ladder.
- The Entrepreneurship program focuses on training people in entrepreneurship and develops the necessary skills to help them succeed in business by creating long lasting enterprises.
- Overcomers SACCO entrepreneurship development efforts are geared at promoting economic growth in economically disadvantaged and emerging communities. To this end the SACCO develops highly interactive programs and mentors communities to foster entrepreneurial success.
- The Financial Mainstream focuses on enabling members access lower cost, safer financial services, and the support they need to develop and sustain good financial habits
Training members appropriate financial behaviors, saving strategies and providing financial support for empowering small and medium scale businesses
- To develop a sense of self-reliance in its members
- To develop a sense of honesty and responsibility in its members